Terms and Conditions for Glen Carlou (pty) ltd
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of our website, Glen Carlou accessible at https://glencarlou.com.
Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Glen Carlou (pty) ltd and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and Glen Carlou (pty) ltd may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant Glen Carlou (pty) ltd a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Glen Carlou (pty) ltd reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
Glen Carlou shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Glen Carlou (pty) ltd express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Glen Carlou (pty) ltd, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Glen Carlou (pty) ltd, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Glen Carlou (pty) ltd from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Glen Carlou (pty) ltd is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Glen Carlou (pty) ltd is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Glen Carlou (pty) ltd and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Glen Carlou via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Glen Carlou separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in za for the resolution of any disputes.
GLEN CARLOU VINEYARDS (PTY)LTD
7625, South Africa
VAT No 4110158427
Reg. No: 1996/006150/07
Ph. +27 (021) 875 5528
GLEN CARLOU ULTRA COMPETITION OVERVIEW
This promotional competition is organised by Glen Carlou and Ultra Liquors (the “Promoters”).
- The promotional competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, immediate family members, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and/or associated companies including Ultra, and/or a participant who has won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
- The promotional competition commences on 29 May November 2021 and ends on 26 June 2021, both days inclusive. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Participants stand the chance to win 12 (twelve) cases of Glen Carlou wine. The Prize will be distributed once via courier to one South African address.
- To be eligible for the Prize and be entered into the competition, participants must purchase a bottle (750ml) of Glen Carlou from any Ultra Liquors Store. Photograph their till slip and upload the slip onto glencarlou.com/win.
- Each purchase of Glen Carlou wine (750ml) will count as an individual entry.
- The winner will be selected by random draw and will be notified by either Facebook direct messenger, or a phone call, and by no later than 07 July 2021. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered.
- The Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchangeable for cash.
- Winner will be required to provide their proof of identity to verify that they are above the age of 18.
- If the potential winner and/or winners do not confirm acceptance of their Prize within 48 hours after they have been contacted, the potential winner and/or winners will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Any attempt to use the same purchase for multiple entries or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged, blocked due to security/privacy settings or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.