Delight In Our Wines
The rich tapestries of passionate people interwoven with insightful custodians have shaped and continue to develop Glen Carlou. A wonderful storyline supports our desirable reputation as an internationally awarded and respected wine brand.
Our wine conversation is led by Quartz Stone Chardonnay and Gravel Quarry Cabernet Sauvignon – two naturally fermented and single-vineyard wines. Both named for the distinctive soils in which the vines are planted. With a South African collection of wines like our Chardonnay, Unwooded Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc (wine of origin Cape Town), natural sweet Chenin Blanc, Pinot Noir Rose, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Petite Classique and Grand Classique.
The Collection Wines
The Collection wines show how we delight in doing the ordinary, extraordinarily well. These limited releases have unique characteristics – either from a viticultural application, focusing on small blocks with limited yields or distinctive winemaking features with small batch guiding of the wine in our cellar.
These are truly exceptional, honest expressions of predominantly varietal bottlings and are a fine way to #experienceGlenCarlou
The Haven wine style is accessible, fruit-driven and lightly oaked. Haven has sailed with Celebrity Cruises and has been selected by Lufthansa for their inflight pour programme. The prestigious Viking Ocean Cruises recently re-listed the wines for their onboard programme.
Global volume opportunities enable Glen Carlou to contribute much-needed funding to the Drakenstein Lion Park. The Park, located on our periphery, is the only genuine big cat sanctuary in the Western Cape, caring for a significant number of lions rescued from appalling conditions.
The range is available for purchase through Societi and at our winery. #DrinkHaven for a cause
Awards @ Glen Carlou
In 2020, as in previous years, many of Glen Carlou’s extraordinary wines were acknowledged in both local and international wine competitions. We are delighted to share these awards with you
South African Young Wine Show Awards 2019
- Chardonnay 2019 – NATIONAL Champion
- Collection Sauvignon Blanc 2019 – Silver (Darling)
- Pinot Noir 2019 – Silver
- Collection Grenache 2019 – Silver (Piekenierskloof)
Tim Atkin MW South Africa Report 2019
- Collection Chenin Blanc 2019 – 94/100
- Collection Sauvignon Blanc 2019 – 92/100
- Collection Verdelho 2018 – 91/100
- Gravel Quarry 2017 – 91/100
Veritas Gold Awards 2019
- Collection Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Collection Verdelho 2018
- Collection Red Blend 2017
- Collection Petite Sirah 2017
Platter’s Wine Guide 2020
- Quartz Stone 2018 – 4.5 stars (94 pts)
- Gravel Quarry 2017 – 4.5 stars (93 pts)
- Grand Classique 2016 – 4.5 stars (92 pts)
- Merlot 2018 – 4 stars
- Chardonnay 2018 – 4 stars
- Syrah 2017 – 4 stars
- Natural Sweet Chenin Blanc 2016 – 4 stars
Michelangelo International Awards 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- Collection Merlot 2018
- Collection Petite Sirah 2017
IWSC Medals 2019
- Collection Petite Sirah 2017 – Silver
- Collection Merlot 2018– Silver
- Collection Verdelho 2018 – Silver
- Gravel Quarry 2017 – Silver
SA Sommelier’s Selection 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc 2019 – a savy white !
- Chardonnay 2019 – a STANDOUT !
Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- Chardonnay 2018 – 90 points/silver